The price of repairing or replacing a main line completely depends on your unique situation. Typically, costs vary based on five main factors: whether your main drain can be repaired and/or needs to be replaced, the length and depth of the sewer line, what is above your main sewer line, the replacement method used and the contractor you hire to perform the work.
- Repair vs replace: Typically, repairing a sewer line will cost less than replacing it. Depending on the severity or extent of the damage, you may not have the option of solely repairing rather than replacing the line entirely.
- Length & depth of the sewer line: The longer the sewer line that needs to be repaired or replaced and the depth of the line both impact overall cost. This is because they're both factors in how much will need to be dug out to gain access to the line.
- What is above your main sewer line: The landscape above your sewer line plays an important role in determining how or what can be repaired or replaced. If part of your main line that needs to be replaced is in your basement, concrete will need to be removed (and sometimes more) to access it, especially if your basement is finished. Staircases, walkways, driveways, plants, trees, and the placement of temporarily displaced soil are all additional variables that need to be considered when determining the process & methods used.
- Type of replacement method used: The traditional method of repairing or replacing the main sewer line requires excavation to access the drain. This is the most common method used. A trenchless repair or replacement method can be used in some circumstances and can be ideal for instances when you do not want to disturb the landscape, including driveways, staircases, or trees.
- The contractor you hire: Pricing for a sewer line repair or replacement varies from contractor to contractor. These rates are based on a contractor's experience, years in business, skill level, training, and other factors. Repairing or replacing the main sewer line is a large undertaking, so going with a company you can trust to get the job done correctly is always the right choice.
Schedule a comprehensive sewer line diagnostic today!
Better service outcomes happen with better diagnostics. With our $93 or free Main Line drain clearing special, we will come to your home, evaluate your drain issues and begin clearing! If we can't clear it, it's free! We'll even do a visual inspection of the Main Line sewer with a specialized drain camera to determine the origin of the issue once an opening has been made. See special limitations.
(Psst! Are you a senior citizen or a member of the military? Take 10% off on us!)